What is Digital Technology Platform?
A platform that supports digital business technology, then, can handle a whole range of activities and processes, including micro services, event-driven architecture, server less architectures, machine learning, and even edge intelligence. By combining technologies with culture at the heart of the business, the company can seek fast and innovative data-driven decisions at the company’s edges.
Five areas through which a technology platform should support digital businesses:
- Information systems, which support back office and operational areas, such as ERPs and core systems
- Customer experience, which create and support customer-facing elements, like customer and employee portals, commerce channels, and consumer apps
- Data and analytics, which supports information management and analysis and algorithms, allowing to automate discovery and action and promoting data-derived decision making
- Internet of Things (IoT), which connects the physical assets of core and operational systems, in order to promote connectivity, analytics, and integration by monitoring, optimizing, controlling, and monetizing
- Ecosystems, which supports the creation and relation to any ecosystems, marketplaces, and communities that are external to the business – such as security and API management